I had seen this book somewhere online (I should really try to track down my online sources instead of being so ambiguous about it all the time….) and really wanted to read it, but couldn’t find it at the library. That is, until another Sunday came around and it was right there, ripe for the picking as I was helping with the shelving. If I take a book, that’s helping too, because that’s one less book they have to put on the shelves.
This book is just plain awesome. I said it was EPIC and I dare you to read it and not think so.
UPDATE: I just bought this book, in paperback, at a book fair! HOORAY!
Reading Journal book 42 is:
Shark vs. Train fun:
- pick two of your own toys and let them have an epic battle!
- Think of more things that shark and train can square off in!
- Give shark and train a sidekick each, and see what happens!
- Ask other kids who they like. Make posters.
- Write about what happens after lunch!
Coming to a reading journal near you next:
A graphic novel, by an author I loved in high school, a story that was made into a really long movie, which is remarkable since it is quite a short story.
until next time, don’t spend too much time trying to figure that out. Just read and write on!