I am not afraid to admit that I’m a loser.
Of things that is.
This past week, I had to dig through a box of old things to get my spare set of keys, because I misplaced my original set.
In my own room!
“No more,” I thought, “there must be something I can make!”
I have always wanted one of those cool key things that hangs by the door, but they have never worked for me, since I move around too much. I need something portable, easy, and fun.
And, here it is:
The key frame key holder!
Pretty easy people.
- Figure out what size you need your frame to be. This is my little set of keys; I have all those things for stores and library cards and all that on another little key ring, so my frame is small.
- Get your background piece ready. I used half a sheet of cardstock. A bigger frame would be an entire sheet. Find a nice piece of scrapbook paper to glue onto it. I had the nice green paper that sort of looks like it could be wallpaper, right?
- Make your frame. Simple as drawing a rectangle and then adding some decoration. You can do this by looking at frames around the house for inspiration, or googling frames. I happened to have some frame-ish scrapbooking paper, so I had an easy reference on hand. I used a gold crayon to color the background, and ballpoint pen to fill in the frame. I like the texture it gives it!
- Make your artist information square.This part is fun. Here’s what I put:
I moved the 2012 to the bottom to reflect the year that the artwork was made, NOT the year that I will expire (see the opening after 1983? Plenty more years left people!) You can have fun with this part. I could have put the name of my car (Petite Jaune if you must know) but decided to keep it simple. I also decided to get fancy with a silver crayon for the background. Again, your choice.
- Glue frame and square onto paper.
- Tack the thing to the wall. Mine is by the door, because it makes sense. Maybe it makes sense for yours to be somewhere else.
- Step back and admire your good work, and put your keys there.
I have not failed to once put my keys back where they belong since I made this thing.
See, my keys just need a fun place to live!
What other things can I frame….hmmmm….
And now I’m done.
What did you make this monday?
I bet it was something awesome